Submitted by Cementimental from London (16 points) on Jun 24, 2007
Stupidest pedal ever... all effects are kind of mediocre, the best for noise are the delay and the pitch shifter, the latter being the reason I bought it. Alas the thing seems to have a weird design flaw; mine and all the others I've heard about behave pretty strangely... the LED flashes worryingly, sometimes regardless of whether the pedal is bypassed or not, and there seems to be a matching pulse in the sound, noticable with the pitchshifter. I believe this may be due to some power issue, when I first got the pedal I tried it with a proper multi-pedal power suppy and I seem to remember it sounding better, but now I use cheap and nasty switchable adaptors and it basically doesn't work properly. Also note that this and the other digital behringers CANNOT use batteries... I tried a brand new 9v and it wouldn't even turn on.
Good Points: - If you turn up the feedback and twiddle the delay speed knob it shoulds like a ZX Spectrum game loading
- the pitch shifter sounds surprisingly good except for the weird pulsing problem i've experienced.
- the phaser/chorus/flange effects are rubbish and not that different sounding from each other, but work fine in a feedback loop
- I poked around in mine and found potential circuitbending possibilities. Tiny surface mount components are annoying but there's points which when touched make it go slightly crazy, might be bendable.
Bad Points: - weird pulsing sound that (on mine at least) spoils the pitchshifter effect.
- the LED is brigher than the sun, flashes, and has little or no bearing on whether the pedal is on or off! Sometimes i find it's off when the pedal is on!
- there's a sluggish clicky pause when you switch between effects.
- it's total rubbish.
Submitted by Alex from Gold Coast (36 points) on Dec 18, 2006
Crappy Poorly Made Pedal, I Got Mine Of Ebay For $50 AUD, I was So Excited When I Got It, But I pluged it in. and basically nothing happened except a few spurts of static (in a bad way), no signal was going through what so ever, only when it had a distortion and compressor before it, and it was set on delay, a little bit of bad messy poor signal came through, i was extremly disapointed... stay away from this... it will be a waste, i could have got some danelectro FAB pedals but i got stuck with this shit...
Good Points: None
Bad Points: Everything, the enclosure is just crappy plastic that could breake easy (its more worse then the danelectro enclosures). piece of shit!